Here are some questions that may help you determine if you have a problem with food:
- Are you obsessed with food?
- Are you unable to control your eating?
- After beginning to eat, are you at times unable to stop,
even if you really want to?
- Do you eat to avoid feelings?
- Are you overweight? Are you underweight?
- Do you feel elated when you eat sugar, starches, and/
or other carbohydrates?
- Do you eat to change the way you feel?
- Have you been unable to maintain long-term control
of your eating?
- Have you been unable to manage your weight despite
- Are you tired of endless yo-yo dieting?
- Have you eaten even when you were not hungry?
- Are you tired of trying to manage your weight by
fasting, exercising or dieting?
- Have you tried virtually every diet and weight loss
- Have you considered stomach surgery to manage
- Have you tried bingeing and purging with or without
- Do you have inordinate cravings for particular foods?
- Do you turn to food to get you through stressful or
- Have you used medication, diet pills, or supplements
to manage weight?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety or nervousness?
- Have you unsuccessfully tried counting calories or counting points?
- Do you “crash,” fall asleep or feel tired after
- Have you experienced a “foggy” feeling or less
productivity after binge eating?
- Do you find that you eat during the night or
while you are asleep?
- Do you have sleep difficulties due to your eating?
- Have you ever been treated for a medical problem related to your eating?
- Do you have problems at work or in relationships as a result of your eating?
- Do you love and/or hate food and what it does
If you answered “yes” to three or more of these questions, you may have a problem with food.
But do not worry. I have been there myself. Years and years of dieting, counting calories, binging, purging, starving myself, exercising….the list goes on in ways I have tried to control my food and my weight. Over 14.5 years ago I found a solution and since then I live a life free of dieting, free of compulsion, free of obsession, in a healthy body I truly love. I am 43 and have never felt better.
Email me to arrange a completely free consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org