9 Eccleston St
Belgravia, London SW1W 9LX
MindfulnessUK provide a gold standard training course comprising of 6 individual training days spread throughout the year:
13th Feb, 14th Feb,
26th Mar, 27th Mar,
14th May, 15th May.
The course is made up of 6 days of face-to-face teaching and includes portfolio reviews, advice and support throughout the CPD training route and a recommendation to the regulated listing of the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) at the end of the training.
The comprehensive course will cover:
- The assessment process – when to teach and when not to
- Background to secular mindfulness
- A detailed week by week 8-week programme for each session
- Exploration of the inquiry process
- A lovely booklet of poems, prose and stories to include in your teaching
- Guidance and experiential learning of all the mindfulness practices, exercises, strategies and techniques
- Dynamics around “holding” a group
- Dealing with difficulties and pain
- How to be a mindful teacher and the 8 attitudes of mindfulness
- Encouraging, setting and helping the participants sustain home practice
- Advice and support in setting up your own courses
Applicants must have completed a mindfulness course in a group setting and have a regular mindfulness practice of 6 months or more.
MindfulnessUK’s 12 month training pathway meets training regulations with the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
Karen Atkinson is the Senior Partner and co-founder of MindfulnessUK, Convenor of BAMBA, and author of new book Compassionate Mindful Inquiry In Therapeutic Practice.
All workshops listed here are independently run and organised and simply hosted in Light Centre venues. The Light Centre is not responsible for any content, claims or bookings for these events. Any queries must be addressed to the organisers directly.