114 London Wall
London EC2M 5QA
Mindfulness Retreat – A Day of Heart-Based Practice
This retreat day will be a wonderful opportunity to take time out from our often busy and stressful lives and retreat with like-minded people. It will be a day devoted to heart-based mindfulness practice. The focus will be rejuvenation, reflection and relaxation, heart-based practices directed towards ourselves and others. The retreat day is suitable for beginners to mindfulness and meditation and for those who are experienced and would like to spend the day deepening their practice on an urban retreat.
“Ultimately, I see mindfulness as a love affair with life, with reality and imagination, with the beauty of your own being, with your heart and body and mind and with the whole world”
What to expect:
– A full-day urban retreat, away from our often busy and stressful lives
– Experience a digital detox, as I encourage you to turn off your phone for the duration of the retreat. The majority of the day will be spent in silence, other than my meditation guidance. I will fully facilitate and hold the silent space.
– Experience a variety of heart-based mindful practices focused on compassion, kindness, acceptance and gratitude.
– A guided heartbeat practice to the very gentle beat of a shamanic drum
– Guided mindful walk outside, weather permitting (The Light Centre, Moorgate is located in a commercial area that is considerably quieter at the weekend)
– Guided gentle mindful movement – light yoga stretches.
– There will be space given towards the end of the day for you to share your experience and insights from this retreat day.
– Refreshments are included. A selection of teas, coffee, juice, biscuits and fruit. Please bring your own light lunch.
– My guided audio recordings, provided for free to assist you in your practice following the retreat day.
Thousands of peer reviewed scientific research papers demonstrate that regular mindfulness meditation practice is beneficial to our emotional, physical and mental health. It is shown to reduce stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and improve general well-being. Other benefits of mindfulness include pain reduction, improved working memory and prevention of depression- relapse. People who regularly meditate are proven to be happier and more content.
The day will mostly be held in silence, which gives often gives a real sense of retreating and deepening within the mindfulness practice. There will be plenty of time set aside towards the end of the day, to explore your experience with members of the group and facilitator. (Some participants feel a little nervous about spending a day in silence. However, my experience is that participants tend to find this one of the most rewarding parts of the day)
I worked for 10 years’ as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist, within Higher Education, Public and Charity Sectors. I am now a self-employed Mindfulness Teacher. I’m an experienced group facilitator and I’ve been meditating for over 10 years. The positive impact that mindfulness has had on my life led me to train as a Meditation teacher. My teaching style is professional, relaxed, friendly and inclusive.
Having completed the Foundation and Teacher 1 at Bangor University, I continue my Mindfulness training via the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) at The Mindfulness Network and Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) at Bangor University.
A bright and spacious room in The Light Centre, Moorgate. Conveniently located just a short walking distance from a number of underground stations;
Moorgate Station – 3 mins walk
Liverpool Street Station – 6 mins walk
Bank Station – 6 mins walk
Barbican Station – 11 mins walk
Situated in the commercial district of the City of London, this area is quiet at the weekend. Address: 114 The Wall, London, EC2M 5QA
Cost and booking details:
£75 or £60 Early Bird (ends soon)
PLEASE NOTE: that booking is essential. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. You can book via Billetto or direct with me to avoid the booking fee!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07885 519226
“Life can only be found in the present moment”
Thich Nhat Hanh