Light Centre Terms and Conditions
The Light Centre (hereby referred to as The Centre) is owned and operated by Light Practice Ltd. Registered address: 9 Eccleston St, Belgravia, SW1W 9LX.
All Practitioners and Teachers at the Centre are comprehensively qualified and insured with recognised professional organisations. They are not however employed by the Light Centre. Clients undertaking any treatments, therapies, classes or courses offered at the Centre do so at their own risk and are contracting with the individual practitioners or teachers concerned and not with the Light Centre
Age Restrictions - As all Classes / Therapies and/or Treatments are run by independent teachers / therapists, the teacher/therapist will confirm the age limit for any given Class/Treatment. Anyone under 18 wishing to attend Yoga, Pilates, Reformer or any class or treatment, should send an email to our support team with details of the class / treatment they want to attend so our team can check with the teacher / therapist. Please note, any child 15 or under, must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Contact emails:
Pregnant clients are permitted to attend any pregnancy classes once past their first trimester. We strongly advise that all pregnant client gain consent from their Healthcare professional before attending any classes. If a pregnant client wishes to attend any classes on the schedule that are not specifically titled as pregnancy classes, this will need to be checked direct with the teacher with suitable advance warning. To do that, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request. Please note that with all mat classes, the individual teacher holds insurance to cover that particular class.
- Classes can be booked online up to 8 days in advance and up to 10 minutes before the start of a class.
- Class bookings must be cancelled online up to 2 hours before the start of a class or this will be treated as a 'no show' or a ‘late cancel’.
- Sorry, but we do not accept telephone or email cancellations. You can use our Mindbody APP for quick and easy bookings and cancellations or by logging in to the Mindbody website.
- If the class is fully booked, you can add yourself to the online 'waitlist'. Once you are on the 'waitlist', as places come up in class, you will be automatically moved from the 'waitlist' to a reserved space in class. You will be emailed notification of this, at which point normal booking terms apply.
- You will need a payment option to be added to the ‘waitlist’. If you don’t make it into class, your payment will be on your account ready to use for your next reservation.
- 'Waitlist' places are automatically moved into class up to 2 hours before the start of a class but not after that, so please be prepared to cancel yourself out of the online ‘waitlist’ anytime up to 2 hours before the start of class if you do not want to be added into the class.
- If a class is not fully booked, you can continue to book yourself direct into class up to 10 minutes before the start of class.
- You are always welcome to come to class without a booking as there are often spaces available. These will be handed out on a first come first served basis but we cannot guarantee you a place.
- You must sign in at reception at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Failure to do this may be treated as a 'no show' and your space may be given to someone else.
- Your booking may be treated as a 'no show' if you do not attend the class or you fail to turn up at least 5 minutes before the class start time. In the event of 3 'no show’s' or more in 1 month we may suspend your online booking rights for 1 week and, in addition, if you have a Class card we will deduct one class.
- We are sorry but If you are late and refused entry, you will not be entitled to a re-imbursement of your class payment. We need to ensure that our classes run on time and latecomers are disruptive to the flow of the class.
- Clients on their first visit should allow plenty of time to arrive at the Centre and must make themselves known at the front desk. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the start of class on your first visit.
- Everyone must sign-in at the front desk to be able to take the class. We need to ensure that we have the correct number of people signed-in and a full class list. Failure to sign-in will result in delays to the start of class.
- All clients need to have their own account on our mindbody platform - a booking is not made unless the individual client profile is booked into the class. So if you want to book for a friend, you need to have the client create their own account and have their own payment associated with their account.
GROUP REFORMER CLASSES BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Classes can be booked online up to 8 days in advance and up to 10 minutes before the start of a class.
- Online bookings must be cancelled online up to 24 hours before the start of a class or this will be treated as a ‘no show’ or a ‘late cancel’.
- If the class is fully booked, you can add yourself to the online ‘waitlist’.
- You are always welcome to come to class without a booking as there are often spaces available.
- You must sign in at reception at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Failure to do this may be treated as a ‘no show’ and your space may be given to someone else.
- Everyone must sign-in at the front desk (either self-sign in or with a reception staff) to be able to take the class. We need to ensure that we have the correct number of people signed-in and a full class list. Failure to sign-in will result in delays to the start of class.
Light Centre Credit can be used for any of the Centre’s classes unless otherwise stated. Credit must be used within 12 months of the purchase date. No refunds are available for any fully or partially unused credit. Unused credit on account will expire after 12 months from purchase date.
The Centre reserves the right to change a teacher and/or class type at any time and may alter its class timetable without notice. We will do this only when it is unavoidable. No refunds will be given in this respect.
Therapies must be paid for immediately after a treatment and are paid either directly to the therapist or held at reception and passed on to the therapist later. Payment and other issues concerning therapy sessions should be brought up with the individual practitioner concerned. The Light Centre is not responsible for quality of therapies and therapists are self-employed. Any treatments are the responsibility of the therapist. The light Centre does ask all herapists to provide proof of qualifications and insurance cover.
When booking a Light Centre workshop (as opposed to an independently hosted workshop), please note that a refund can only be provided on cancellations made more than 14 days before the start date. After that, there will be no refunds or transfers unless your place can be filled from a waiting list. You may pass on your booking to a client, as long as you notify us via email (email@example.com). Please note that no refunds will be offered the day before or on the day of a workshop. If a workshop is cancelled by us, you will be offered a refund, or the option to transfer to another workshop of equal value.
Independently Hosted Workshops are independently run events and any enquiries must be directed to the organisers of the specific event. The Light Centre is not responsible for bookings, cancellations or changes made to Independently Hosted Workshops.
Light Centre Courses are non-transferable and non-refundable (unless with medical documentation). We can offer a credit to your Light Centre account if there is someone on the waiting list we can transfer your place to. You must notify us via email to do so (firstname.lastname@example.org)
£100 MONTHLY UNLIMITED PASS
- This is a monthly unlimited pass with no minimum term. It is a recurring payment of £100 taken directly from your stored debit/credit card and will continue indefinitely.
- The Monthly Unlimited Pass can be used to attend any Yoga (including Mysore), Barre, Pilates mat class and meditation classes.
- The Monthly Unlimited Pass cannot be used for Pilates Reformer Classes, Courses or Workshops and need to be paid for separately.
- This Contract can be cancelled online by logging into your MBO account here, clicking on ‘account’ and then ‘autopays’. The termination will activate straight away and no further classes can be booked. You are unable to pre-schedule a cancellation date, so to get the most from your final month you should cancel the contract the day before your next scheduled payment. Contracts can also be cancelled by contacting email@example.com.
- We cannot be held responsible for forgetting to cancel and will not issue refunds on monthly payments.
- Your membership cannot be used by anyone other than the contract holder.
- We reserve the right to amend the contract amount giving one month’s notice.
- Valid in Light Centre Marylebone, Light Centre Belgravia and Light Centre Monument and for Light Centre LIVE streamed classes online. We do not have a studio for classes at our Clapham Light Centre.
Mat Class Packs For all drop-in mat classes:
- Valid for all Yoga, Mysore, Barre, Pilates, Meditation classes.
- Class Packs cannot be used for Courses or Workshops.
- Are valid for 6 months from date of first class.
- Must be used within 12 months of purchase date.
Pilates Reformer Class Packs
- Valid For all Pilates Reformer classes only.
- Not valid for mat Yoga or Pilates classes
- Only available at Light Centre Moorgate and Monument.
3 mat classes for ONLY £30
- Can be used for all Yoga, Pilates, Barre, Mysore and meditation classes.
- This offer is for new customers only.
- Does not include Pilates Reformer, Courses or Workshops.
- The offer is valid for 2 full weeks (14 consecutive days) from the date of your first visit and must be activated within 14 days of purchase.
- It entitles you to unlimited classes during the 14 days.
- Valid at all Light Centre locations.
- Only one offer per client.
- Passes cannot be suspended or extended for any reason.
- Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
CANCELLATION / RETURN OF GOODS
You have a 14 day ‘cooling off period’ for any purchase made online . You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of purchase to receive a refund on unused goods, class sales or Contracts.
We do not return unused goods, class sales or Contracts purchased at our Centre or any partially used goods, class sales or Contracts.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION
Memberships purchased online or at the Centre: – you may cancel your membership package purchased online immediately or by notifying us in writing within 14 calendar days.
Memberships purchased online or at the Centre: – if you change your mind about your order you may cancel your membership package by notifying us in writing within 14 calendar days of submitting your membership application provided that you have not used any part of your membership. A full refund will be made within 30 days of receipt of notification. We cannot give partial refunds and if the Membership Contract has started, it is your responsibility to cancel your membership in good time and we will not be responsible for refunding any payments taken.
Membership Transfers: – Your membership is not transferable to anyone else. Allowing anyone else to use your card or membership number represents a serious breach of these Terms & Conditions. Cards or packages being used by any other person other than the authorised member will result in that membership being cancelled and no refund of the membership or current class package fee will be paid. In some exceptional cases, we may consider membership transfer. Any request for membership transfer should be notified to us in writing and any decision will be made by us at our sole discretion.
Money on Account after Termination: – We allow customers to put cash balances as credit on their accounts to purchase goods or services at the studio at a later point in time, commonly called “money on account.” These funds are generally only refundable within 30 days of crediting the client account and are not refundable after this period has passed. A £2 transaction fee will be charged on all refunds.
“Freezing” memberships: – £100/month unlimited pass (MUP) may be frozen for up to 4 x weeks. You may request a freezing of your MUP membership, up to a maximum of four weeks (not necessarily consecutive weeks) within any and each 12-month period, by providing us with a written request at least 14 calendar days prior to the date you want the freeze to be effective. A request to freeze your annual membership may only be made once in any 12-month period. There will be no charge for this freeze. Any additional time will be at the Light Centre's discretion and may be required to pay an administrative fee of £20 per month for the month(s) during which your membership is frozen. Annual upfront membership packages will be extended by the period that they were frozen.
Termination by us: – We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if we have reasonable grounds to believe any of the following:
- you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions (which shall include non-payment of membership fees) and/or the Studio Etiquette;
- your behaviour within the Studio is unreasonable, abusive or offensive to other members;
- your actions within the Studio put you, other members or staff, or any property at risk; or
- we have reason to believe you have engaged in or are attempting to engage in any illegal activity.
In all cases of termination by us you will not be entitled to a refund of any membership you may have paid in advance and, in cases of annual or MUP membership, you will also be liable to pay the balance of any membership fees where termination takes place part way through the payment for the month or the Annual pass or any other agreed minimum period according to your membership agreement.
The copyright, intellectual property rights, contents and any downloads from the Light Centre website are owned by or licensed to Light Practice Limited. Trademarks (registered or otherwise) used on the Centre’s website belong to The Light Practice Ltd.
The Centre has made reasonable and not misleading efforts and acted in good faith to make sure that all information provided in its website is accurate at the time of inclusion. The Centre makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, about the accuracy or completeness of the information provided through its website, including any links or any other items directly or indirectly related to the Centre’s website. The Centre reserves the right to move, alter or make changes or corrections to its website at any time without notice.
Users of the Centre’s website may view, use, download and store the content for personal use only.
The Centre shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or omissions in its website and any decision on information contained in the website is the sole responsibility of the user. The Centre shall not be liable to the user of the website in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other losses or damages of whatever nature and however arising through access to or downloading of, or the use of or reliance upon so, directly or indirectly so, any of the information contained in the Centre’s website.
Sections of the Centre’s website may invite users to provide and enter personal information. The Centre may use such information for its own research and marketing purposes for a reasonable period of time.
The Light Centre does not guarantee that the use of this website will be compatible with all software which may be used by visitors to this site.
Our Privacy Notice
The Light Centre is committed to protecting your privacy. We will thus not rent/sell, disclose or distribute your information to any third parties. See our full Privacy Notice here.
Your Personal Data
The Light Centre may ask for personal data from you in order to help us improve the services we offer. You are however, under no obligation to provide such data, other than your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and postal address. Any further information we request is completely optional.